The Nashville Area Command (NAC) has joined forces with the employees of Wells Fargo Advisors to get an early start to ‘ring’ in the monetary donations for the upcoming Christmas holiday season.
The collection will convene on Fridays, July 19 and 26 from 11:30 am-1:30 pm at the 4th and 5th Ave. entrances of The Arcade.
The monetary donations will help fund programs and services that help those in need every day of the year! Need knows no season.
· The Salvation Army Magness-Potter Community Center provides social services, after-school programs, youth sports and summer day camp opportunities for a community of more than 10,000 underprivileged children, youth, adults and elderly in Nashville’s 37207 zip code.
· The Salvation Army serves 200-400 meals a week during their Tuesday morning Breakfast Brigade on Main Street and Friday Soup Wagon under the Jefferson Street Bridge.
· Eighty-two cents of every dollar raised by The Salvation Army goes directly to life-changing programs that restore hope to individuals in need.
· The Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services provides feeding, emotional support, spiritual care and case management for social services. Most recently The Salvation Army Nashville Area Command responded and provided support during the Oklahoma Tornadoes in May.
· The Salvation Army offers educational, professional and personal life skills, such as GED classes, resume building seminars and financial workshops to help individuals become successful within their community.
· The Salvation Army Transitional Housing is a program where families, single women and single men can live while they work complete school or job training and receive counseling. The goal of the program is for residences to move from homelessness and crisis to permanent housing & self-sufficiency.
The program provides food, lodging, licensed childcare services, life skills education, case management and more.
For more information on The Salvation Army in Nashville, visit or call 615-242-0411.