One of God’s gifts to his children is the healing of their bodies. Jesus’ healing power is available to everyone. God does not heal some sickness. He heals all sickness. There is healing available in Jesus for every kind of sickness and disease. “Who forgiveth thy iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases,” Psalm 103:3.
- Many believers in Christ do not realize that healing is available to them through Jesus and his finished works on the cross. Healing is one of your covenant right as an heir of God
- In general, the church has kept silent about the healing power of Jesus as it relates to healing sickness/diseases of the body.
- There is some confusion or disbelief about God’s willingness to heal.
- Many people have a negative image of God. They see him as uncaring . They do not know the true nature of God. Read John 3:16.
- Some fear that they are not good enough to receive a blessing from God. They think their behavior disqualifies them from receiving healing.
- The body of Christ has relied on other things to heal them of sickness (medicine, vitamins, herbs, etc.).
- Medicine, vitamins, herbs, exercise and nutrition are good for the body. We can use these to keep the body healthy along with the medicine of God’s word.
Focus on God’s love for you. Read John 3:16.
Here are a few scripture references from God’s word concerning God’s true character as a healer: Exodus 15:26; Deuteronomy 7:15; Exodus 23:25-26; Isaiah 53:4; Matthew 8:17; Psalm 103:1-3; Acts 10:38; 1 Peter 2:24; and Matthew 14:35-36.
Jesus also asked the Elders of the Church to lay hands on the sick, so they could be healed (James 5:14-15). Focus on God’s love for you and his love for all the world. He sacrificed his only Son for our sins. The stripes Jesus took on his back were for our healing (Matthew 8:17).
Stop focusing on your past failures. Instead start focusing upon what Jesus has already done for you and for the entire world. “If you being evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him,” Matthew 7:11.
God wants you well. He sent His son to take care of everything that His children would need. What an awesome Father we have. He loves us so much. There is nothing that you or I can do to earn his love. God’s love is unconditional and complete.
If you have not accepted Jesus into your heart, please do it now. There are so many blessings that God has available for his children. Here is a prayer that you can say to ask Jesus to become Lord of your life:
“Lord Jesus, I repent of my sins. I ask you to come into my heart. I make you Lord and Saviour. I believe you are God’s Son and that he raised You from the dead and that you are seated with God in heaven. Amen.”
If you believe what you have said, then read and study the Bible. Find a Bible-believing Church and put God first in your life.