Just as God created the world by speaking it into existence with His words, He created the visible world out of nothing (Hebrews 11:3, English Standard Version Bible). What God spoke came to pass, over and over in Genesis. By faith, we understand that the universe was created by the word of God so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible (Hebrews 11:3, ESV Bible). God has given us this ability as well. We can say what we want to see manifested into our lives by the words that we speak.
God created man in His image and likeness and gave him complete authority over the earth (Genesis 1:26-27). Mankind was created in the likeness of God himself. Just as God had the power to speak and create things from his spoken words, we too have been given the same power to speak and create by our words.
When we speak the word of God over our lives and conform our minds and will to do what it says, our circumstances change. For every problem you will face in life, the answer is in God’s word. Speak and confess God’s word over your life. Even in hopeless situations, God’s word can change things.
You must speak God’s word into your individual circumstances. No one else can do it for you. If you can talk, the words need to come from your lips. When you first begin to speak Scripture over your circumstances, it may take time before you see a change. When you first begin speaking the word over yourself, you may have to give your faith time to grow. Faith comes by hearing and hearing again God’s word (Romans 10:17).
Some changes come instantly and sometimes it may take a while. Only God knows why, because He is the ultimate Healer. He has all the power to heal you.
- No matter what happens, keep speaking the word. Do not quit.
- Be aware of what’s coming out of your mouth.
- Speak positive words. There is power in your words.
- Your words can produce life or death (Proverbs 18:21). Death and life are in the tongue: “And they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it.”
- Speak and say what God says in His word.
- When you speak, start listening to what you are saying because God is listening to your words. He’s giving you according to what you are saying. “As I live, says the Lord, just as you have spoken in my hearing, so I will do?” Numbers 14:28.
- Speak often.
- Speak and say what you want to come into your life and believe what you say.
- Do not live in the realm of your senses.
Speaking and believing go together if you want to receive from God. Make a daily lifestyle of speaking and believing what you want to see come into existence. The words that you speak must be according to the scripture.
When you speak the scriptures, if you have aches and pains, ignore them and keep busy speaking the word. Do not allow pain, etc., to disrupt your meditating. Example: If pain comes, I would say, “In the name of Jesus, I will not receive this for Jesus himself bore all my pain and sickness in his body.” (Isaiah 53:4-5). Try this and see what happens in your situation.