The human soul is composed of our mind, our will and our emotions. Our souls give us the ability to think, to choose, to imagine and the ability to remember. Our souls remain alive even if the body is dead physically.
Our free will is located in our soul. It is the very element that carries the massive burden of sin. Our mind is the part of the body that Satan and his demons contend against. Our minds need to be renewed to God’s word continually (Romans 12:2). In order to keep our souls alive, they must be well nourished. Our souls also should be fed regularly through the word and prayer to keep them healthy and strong (Matthew 4:4).
Here are some suggestions that can promote a healthy mind and good emotions, having healthy and positive interactions with family and friends:
1) Mentor a child
2) Teach a class
- Find someone to mentor you
- Take up a hobby
- Bible reading and meditating
- Join an organization (religious or social); join a local church and attend regularly
- Read Christian books and magazines
- Join a prayer group or attend religious worship services
- Listen to Christian music (quiet, relaxing or watch Christian TV
It is most important to feed into your soul things that are beneficial and positive.