The following text is based on Numbers 14.
The people did not remember the power of God.
- The people complained (vs. 13).
- The people forgot God’s works (vs. 13).
- The people tempted God. (vs. 14).
- The people were envious of Moses and Aaron (vs. 16).
- The people exchanged their glory for the image (vs. 19).
- They forgot God their Savior (vs. 21).
- They despised the pleasant land and did not believe God’s promise (vs. 24).
- They grumbled/murmured in their tents, and did not listen to the Lord (vs. 25).
So God raised His hand against them with an oath that He would make them fall in the desert (Numbers 14:28-35).
As surely as I live, this is the Lord’s declaration. I will do to you exactly as I heard you say.
- Your dead bodies will fall in the wilderness.
- This includes all of you that were numbered, according to your whole number, from 20 years and upward, which have complained against me.
- None of you will enter the land I promised.
- Your children will rejoice in the land that I promised you, and they will enjoy it.
- Your children shall wander in the wilderness for 40 years and bear the penalty for your acts of unfaithfulness until your bodies lie scattered in the wilderness.
- You will bear the consequences of your iniquities 40 years based on the number of the 40 days that you searched/scouted the land.
- A year for each day you explored Canaan (40 years).
- I will do this to the entire evil community/congregation that has conspired against me.
- In the wilderness they shall all be consumed, and there they shall die.
- The men, the 12 spies which Moses sent out to search for the land, who returned and slandered the land with evil reports will die from the plague before the Lord.
I will keep Joshua and Caleb and they will live. Their spirit is different from the rest of the people. They remained wholeheartedly loyal to God.
Caleb followed God when no one else did, and he was obedient to God.
Joshua had a faithful commitment to the Lord. “If the Lord is pleased with us, He will lead us into that land, and will give it to us. Only if you do not rebel against the Lord, for the Lord is with us,” Numbers 14.
We are to stand for God when others will not, when we do God, the blessings will extend for generations to come.
Have a mindset to stay committed to the work of the Kingdom, no matter the situation. God’s vision is needed in your eyes. You must have a greater view!